Thursday, June 04, 2015

I was hopeful.

 
I was an aspiring graduate.

I had the world ahead of me. I was excited for the journey ahead.
 
Back then, I had regarded Nursing as my calling, and was grateful that God had planted in me the desire to care for the ill and needy.
~

 I am not sure how the me of the past would look at my present self.
 
But it appears that everything I had worked so hard for, everything I had prayed for, had somehow come to realization.

I think I would be very proud of myself.

Having gone through the physical exhaustion, mental exertion, stress, anxiety, hard work and tears during my nursing career, I should be very proud of myself. 

 My achievements are not great.

 But they are enough, to help me realize that God has been very faithful through it all.
 
In the very first interview of my nursing journey, during my enrolment into NUS nursing, a professor asked what I feared most about the future.
 
 'To give up,' I told him.  
 
Somehow, I made it through.

And I am still here. I am still a nurse.
 
And God still walks with me each day, as I continue to learn what it means to die to oneself to serve the ill and needy.
 
In Him, I can find solace, peace and hope. 
 
Nothing I do in this life has any meaning if it is not done with You.
 

No comments: