Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Its valentines.

Everywhere, there are people carrying bouquets of flowers and couples walkin hand in hand.

I was with my dear rachel... spendin our most intimate time together at training. With terence, our beloved coach. He didnt eat his dinner just to hold pads for us.

The gym was scattered with only a few people because everyone was busy with valentines.

When i walked home.. i seemed to be the only single person around... tired shagged.. sweaty and carrying two big lumpy bagful of things. And very contented.

I feel lucky to be where im at.

In the train.. i studied and read about my patients' diagnosis .. i listened to wonderful oldies and watched the world go by.
I feel great being single. There is so much to look forward to in life now that i have a whole load of time to spend on things that matter most to me.

When working, I feel fortunate to be blessed with the opportunity to care for the weak and vulnerable. They are very lovable, but unfortunately struck with disease and very sadly, stigmatised by society and even their families. No doubt it takes alot of patience, but providing care to these people is so therapeutic it takes whatever troubles one has away.

I thank God for everything. And for the beautiful friends and family I've been blessed with!

And to all the couples! May you all be lovely on this day.

Happy Valentine's Day!