Thursday, January 26, 2012

Courage

A few days before bible study, I had a vision of You walking to my bedside as I was praying. You handed me a sword with a kind gentle smile on your face.

I heard and knew, what You meant.

Courage.

I was praying because I was scared. I didn't know how to control the situation. I couldn't help myself.

Pastor talked about one part of the Chronicles of Narnia during Bible study.

The part where Lucy and the Lion stood aside and watched while Peter fought against the evil forces. Wolves were howling.

Lucy begged the Lion to help her brother. But the Lion said, "He has a sword" and continued watching as Peter fought to victory.

Pastor beckoned us to stand up and fight. Be prince and princesses.

Sometimes God doesn't step in, because it is through the fights and struggles in our lives, that we become prince and princesses for God.

The Lord equips me with a sword. He will not allow the flames to consume my being. He gives me all I need to fight. I know that I can draw strength from Him.

Perhaps I do not understand what this victory is, but i know i will eventually.

Someday.

No comments: