Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oh my tian

This is top secret. I don't think I'm supposed to scream it out cos' results are not officially out yet but...

As I was pulling my hair and cursing and swearing while working on the publication and congress presentation, I received an email from my prof.

I thought it was about doing more work so I opened the email reluctantly.

To my greatest surprise, it was an email congratulating me for being the only one in the cohort for getting A+ for my thesis.

So I screamed and ran out of my room like a really crazy woman.

OMIGAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Honestly, when I was reviewing my thesis after I submitted, I wanted to beat myself up for making silly mistakes that I spotted, and told myself that I would be extremely glad if I could even get a B+. I know its hard to believe... but everytime I told myself that I couldn't make it, or that I was going to do badly, the holy spirit would intersect my thoughts and tell me otherwise. But I never did believe it.

I've felt God's presence so strongly through this whole journey. I couldn't have done it without Him. I couldn't have done it without His constant encouragement as He spoke to my heart in times of despair. I couldn't have overcome my panic attacks without reading His word. I couldn't have mustered the strength to overcome it without the encouragement and prayers of the many angels in my life. I couldn't have picked myself up after the setbacks during this journey without His hand.

Thank you, Father.

Now I know more than ever that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

I feel charged to continue working on my publication.

Chiong ah!


No comments: