Friday, June 08, 2012

Thesis and BJJ

Hi guys!

Had a great time with my Professor yesterday. I think she's more proud of us than we are about the creation of the finalized thesis:



She was so happy to receive it she took pictures of it, smiled and adored the book like an excited little girl.

"Great work! Great work!", she chirped.

My maid and my Mom were very excited to see the book too. "Wow Wow Wow," they'd go.

I think my dad is unfazed cos he's done a number of these books so its not anything superbly fascinating to him.

As I look back and think about the thesis journey, I'll reminisce upon the verses and the constant encouragement I got from my Professors, pastor, family and friends that kept me strong through the state of anxiety and frequent panic attacks on the final days of my thesis submission. Life flashed before each time I was having a panic attack and when I was trying hard to get out of it. I was a total wreck, and in a total state of desperation.

Its a miracle I managed to get out of 18th April, well and sound, and amazingly got an A+ grade for it. Although after I submitted, I started panicking again because I got worried about some small mistakes I thought I made. The whole journey was just like a miracle. Many things happened during the course of this project that its too much to note it here and I'm lazy to write about it.

As I hear about my friend's struggles with anxiety disorder at work, I can't help but reminisce how much help the Lord had provided me during those tough times. I couldn't have completed the thesis had I not turned to God for strength and help. I pray every day for her and I hope that she'll be delivered from her current situation. We're extremely worried about her.

Anyway I'm picking up some new sport called Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. My whole body (including the crotch) is aching, mostly from the Muay Thai trainings as well as the BJJ class. This new gym that I am at, is mostly filled with sweaty buff men, who sometimes exercise little sense of public discretion and walk around in their briefs and boxers of all colors.

Too much time from work. I'd better get back to working hard and diligently on my publication.


No comments: