Saturday, April 18, 2009

A ludicrous story that happened to shufen, by shufen

Let me tell u a story about a crowded day in e lib at 10 o'clock on the 18th of April 2009.

A visitor to the library, namely Shufen, was lookin for seats but evrytime she spots an empty seat, she is chased away by a person seating nx it bcos they claimed that "IT IS RESERVED BY ME FOR MY FRIEND WHO ISN'T HERE YET"

Allow me to add that RESERVING SEATS IN THE LIBRARY IS NOT ALLOWED. So says the many posters hung on every wall.

At 10.05a.m., shufen finally got herself a seat. After 15 mins, while she is snuggedly settled, the stranger in front of her abruptly spoke up. He said, "I'm sorry but this seat is actually taken by my friend".

(I dont see no friend... hes alone.. unless hes talkin about an imaginary friend.)

Shufen wanted to say, "I'm sorry did i hear wrongly? You are chasing me out of my seat for your imaginary friend?"

Instead, she said, "Erm, but do you know that reserving seats in the library is not allowed?"

"But my friend is coming soon", he reasoned.

"But i came here first, it doesn't matter whether shes coming soon or not... Plus its not like i can find a seat elsewhere because everywhere else is taken." She refused to budge.

The boy paused... before saying, "okay... u seat here... first."

-----------------------------------------------

okay thats e end of e climax. In the end, shufen went around to find another seat so tht the boy could seat with his 'friend'.

Thankfully, after much effort from scouring the library, she finally found an empty seat, a non-reserved one. Hallelujah.



On a final note, allow me to just say that it is a highly inconsiderate and unethical behaviour to reserve seats for 'imaginary friends' especially when the library is crowded. Many who are there on time can't get their seats thanks to these selfish behaviours.

No comments: