Sunday, June 28, 2009

Im stoned and v tired...

just came home...

I lost. But i had a great fight. I'll never forget that moment.

i collapsed for some weird reason even though no one was attacking me.

In the last 10 seconds.

My eyes rolled back and i fell to the ground and couldnt move.

It was e first time i was laid on a stretcher, had a nasal cannula for oxygen supply... had my SP02 at 48-64 % ( thts like spo02s of patients who are abt to die)

Dont worry i didnt die or i wont be typing here.

the doc's explanation was odd. He told me that if he werent present to intervene medically, id have died or something. Something of which is not congruent to my believes and experience.. becos ive fainted from over exertion before but illl usually regain my healthy self if i stop exerting... with or without medical intervention.

he gave me my medical parameter readings, knowin tht im a medical student, and yea well maybe his explanation does count if u think abt it logically. Man if my patient had my parameters den id faint from shock.

So bein a patient, has allowed me to understand why some patients react the way they do. i was like a stubborn patient.. insistent on doin without an oxygen supply and on getting out of the stretcher. I told the medic," u exaggerate."


But im really glad... to have fought. It doesnt matter that ive lost... I'm happy that i fought my best and put up a good show. juz a pity back there... but it doesnt matter... i fainted becos i pushed to the limit.. ive tried my best... and thats all that matters.

It was a great experience... my opponent is really nice... even tho she was scoldin vulgarities while we were fighting... She apologised after that... and we wished each other well.


NUS won the challenge trophy!
and i think we won mostly because we had more fighters.... pple who were courageous enough to step into the ring. it was freakin awesome when the announcement came on. I love the NUS muay thai team. =)

I must thank evryone for their wonderful support! I'm really thankful for u guyz and it means so much. Thanks alot dearies... for comin down.. the smses... the calls... for the support. Special thanks to my bestie YS for comin down even with crutches... Love u shan! =) THANK U EVRYBODY!


okay i needa sleep. Time to do nursing work in e morning

No comments: