Thursday, July 14, 2005

the last, last time

its so hot around here. Beads of pespiration are 'oozing' from my head. I sound as if im writing a compo.

I was not in schl today cos of the race.
so rauf was shocked when he saw me today..he didnt expect me there cos i told him i wouldnt come...but evrything's cool

we had to wait so long in the waiting room
in case ur wonderin who the 'we' are...its radhiyah, me, zakiyah and shikin

so i forgot to smile at this girl from assumption...she tried to smile at me and i forgot to smile back...cos i neva expected her to smile..cos id forgotten she was the one who spoke to me durin my 400m race.
but when my memory regained itself...i couldnt recognise her...cos there were both of em lookin like her...and i wanted to smile or say hi but i was afraid i might end up smilin to some girl who would look back at me a lil startled

i think they were twins.
For once im in the shoes of some pple who alwayz say they have difficulties recognising me.
some afraid to say hi worryin they might end up saying hi to the wrong person

we were at the callroom for a reli long time...we expected to be like first in our heats cos the other schools were neighbourhood schools ..well like us...but we're um..the better neighbourhood school. teehee. Im sooo Modest!
Not.

OKay so we gave each other lil hugs before runnin under the tres scorching sun.
so we didnt get first we got third.
but its ok...as long as we tried our best.

Rauf was reli supportive. He says its okay and stuff...and he turned to me and sayin stuff like," last time running heh?"

he allowed me to rest at home instead of running 800m.
THT was sooo kewl...i was like " reli?!" smiling. He said yea...and told me ive done my part and stuff and its time i rest. Sad gdbyes.

it will probably be the last time im seein him or talkin to him after all these four years.
When i left...i went ova to him to say Bye...and somehow as some parting greeting...he said " i dont wana see u agen huh...go and study"

okay so thts the way he talks...he meant he doesnt wana see me agen as in..i wont have to stay bac for another year...its like wishing me luck for my O lvls

Yea...so bye bye...it is like the last time. THE LAST TIME. After several years of running...im stepping down. No more. Im gona miss the smell of the stadium..and of course..the times spent with the track mates. Im sooo gona miss shikin, zakiyah, radhiya(been with her for four yrs) peihee...And of course not forgetting the wonderful juniors sindhu, ying, jiahui, lihao, krystal, fanli bla bla

It feels so weird. like im no longer running.
I will miss evrybody in track and not forget the times we spend together to my dying day.
Track made me a better person...and track made me happy too. All the exciting times...the countless competitions...there was its ups and downs when we felt demoralised when we couldnt perform
Recounting back and knowing its the last good bye..it makes u wana cry after all these years.
Im feelin as if there's a gumball stuck in my throat.

Im gona miss rauf too. for all his support. I forgot to thank him. He's the best coach on the planet.

Im gona love AI track to my dying day.

No comments: