Sunday, June 12, 2005

whirlpool

Hectic.. a day id call yesterday..evrything happened in a whirlpool..it was so messy..so surprising..so unexpected..sooo un-called for.
U wouldnt even believe it...okay mayb u will.

I wanted to give u guyz a surprise...i guess i got myself a real surprise yesterday..
well my surprise for you is tht...I went for Flag day yesterday!! Unfortunately i was in AMK holding a silver tin and walkin like a gaga around the neighbourhood askin for donations..u noe u have to smile when doin this..the last time i did it..i had mouth cramps
Well thats because i was more serious abt doin it the last time..but this time..it was a pain doin it.
WAIT!! before u jump to the big conclusion that Im the only human being with the smallest black-ish heart on the planet...LEt me explain!
Pple at AMK were kind of umm..boring..or mayb i was just bored myself..My eyes were droopy and my yearning to enter slumberland was overpowering..but still i tried evry effort to open my eyes wide like those Bratz dolls..(they've got humongous eyes)

well then i got reli sick..reli i was..so most of the flag day time was spent on the travelling time in the bus...and the library and our lunch at KFC in causeway point (Junk food..my chances of dyin of cancer has increased)..and a bit of window shopping at ESPRIT. U are probably wonderin..what the hell i was doin in all these places when i was supposed to be standing around smiling and asking for donations..Yess..i guess i am just gona admit that im the worst teen known to humanity. Sinhu..u were so lucky u didnt come with us or ud be borin ur ass off till uve got no more butt left.

we got back..arabel, amanda, sis and i...finally..all happy we could go home..me too..i reli was..i was soo tired..we skipped we skipped we skipped home. BUt i got an SMS in the MRT... a weird mysterious one...
"remember to bring ur No. tag"
i was well..confused..so here comes ur first clueee to the surprise i had. i replied and asked qns but there was no reply..so i didnt bother..went home and crashed my head into my pillow and slept for... 4 FUL HOURS!!! Jeez...i neva thot i was that tired.
but fortunately i ddint sleep for another hour bcos i wouldnt have received that fateful call...
(im creating a suspense here..bear with me!!)
I woke up..still groggy-eyed. when my hp rang..i picked it up and there was ying...the background was reli noisy.. she said sumfin like ," hey u guyz entered the finals"
"WOW! thts so cool" was my reply since i totally did not expect it from thursday's 4 by 100m failed race caused by me. FINALS thats real cool...but WAIT! ..bcos the surprise was more than meets the eye...
"And the finals is today..at 7.40pm..u have to come now"
WHAT?!!!!! was my reaction...it was alredi 6.30 and it takes an hour from my hse to the comp..plus we had to alredi report at 7.30pm..there was just no way i could do my warm up which was extremely impt.
The nxt thing i knew..evrything happened so fast it was in a mad whirlpool..i was in tht whirlpool
So i yanked dady out of bed to drive me there but it was a heavy storm so he had to drive slow but there wasnt any rain ova at the comp so the race's arent gona be delayed! RUSHED RUSHED RUSHED and the nxt thing i knew i was facing bats and Moths agen. i rushed there..i did my warm-ups..i saw coach PAndian agen but he didnt greet me, instead..he tried to catch my attention by pointing to me and telling a group of guyz about my athletic history..thats when i turned to say HI and thats when he asked," do i noe u"
I guess that was his revenge..but i said yea...and then i heard laffters..i must have had a ridiculous expression plastered on my face..but he shook my hand nxt and smiled..he was jokin..a revenge-y one..he must have been thinkin then how sweet-ish revenge is. i alwayz get laughters evrytime i do sumfin..i just dont know why..mayb its just in evryone's genes that they have to laugh at my actions or maybe its just in my genes.
I didnt care..a mad dash..peihee was cool..she was very supportive..zarina and shikin too. I waited on my track for the gunshot..when flies and bees started flying down i had to ask ths chinese high boy to shoo it off from my track..he kicked it away gently..and went back to his grp of frenz bragging how compassionate and kind he is to animals.

I didnt care..i had to concentrate. my stepings were accurate..evrything was okay..until i started running when the baton was in my hand..this cresent grrl was real fast and this nanyang too..at the last 20m..i was tired..i reli was..but i had to move on..i couldnt rest until the baton was passed to zarina..thats when the error occured..the stepping..they were too far..she left too fast..but i was soo tired..reli i was..i had to sprint after my legs were stretched..too far..we were almost out of the passing zone..she had to slow down..seconds lost..
And so we didnt win. we lost. But at least we knew our error..rauf had asked her to change the stepping which was a big mistake. Nvm..evrything's cool.

What's cooler was the nxt race..4 by 400m when our schl team, shikin, zakiyah, krystal, and fanli were running..we were last at first..for the first round until zakiyah caught up with even the first runner at the last 100m..and thats when evryone started screamingggg..screamingg..another whirlpool of screams..i was surrounded by screamingss..we werre all cheering..dw, there was no murder. and the baton was passed on..our schl was leading..even the second runner was far far behind..we got first..but there was the other races to fret abt..we only knew we were in the top 3..until i heard the four grrlz screaming..and thats when we found out they got FIRST!! first in singapore!!! evryone screamed and hopped...okay maybe only US..our school members..the rest of the stadium was pitch-quiet..so the whole stadium was watching our hystericals..until rauf asked us to hush cos he wanted us to 'act cool' it was gettin too embarassing
The boyz did well too..for the third round hakim managed to get us a second until the last one..i guess there were too many good runners we got fifth but i still think they did excellently well. we stayed back for the prize-giving ceremony it was so nice to see em getting the prize..shikin, fanli, krstal and zakiyah..and when evrything was over...it was alredi 10.30pm..and i havent even eaten my dinner. so i went to macdonalds with peihee, shikin, radiyah wj..(their fren)..and zarina. They're extremely funny pple..and when all was ova we took the MRT home..where dad's car waited and i got home.

No comments: